Timer switch and thermostat wiring help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Baxi Bermuda 552 backboiler that just powers a one pipe radiator system and a fire. I have a Randall 103 timer switch and a Satchwell TLX2259 thermostat. The problem is there is no wiring at all going to or coming from either thermostat or timer.It has all been removed The only visible wire is a length of 3 core 3amp cable coming from the boiler which i guess is for the spark generator and a length of wire coming from the pump? There is also a switched fuse spur near the timer which i assume is where once the power source came from.I can access all parts quite easily. Can anybody advise on what wires need to go where. Do i need connector blocks etc.? Any advise or simple wiring diagram would be appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Hot water is from a separate water heater. Yes an old system as you say.
Just the heating i need to get wired up.
Thanks again

See page 6, diagram 1) Control of heating function only.

http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/PCMPDF/7479v04_2.pdf

The load on the diagram will be the pump.
The supply - L N E - must come from a double-pole switched, fused- connection-unit.

Connect the cable to the boiler to the load side of the SFCU (or terminals 4,5, & 6 of the timer if it is more conveniently placed)

so that everything can be isolated at one point.

Sponsored Links
Thats great thanks. thats just what i was looking for.

all makes sense now.

couldnt see the wood for the trees as they say!

Posted the same question on another area of this site and they thought i was winding them up? not sure why. never mind

Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back