Timing of applying for planning for a phase 2 extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our phase 1 extension is a 3m double storey rear - pp was won a couple of weeks ago and works will start in mid-November to finish by mid-December (hopefully).

We would like to add a 3m conservatory attached to this (soon to be) newly built double storey rear. Can I apply now and get a decision in 8-weeks - by the time the phase 1 is built?

I want to apply asap but not too early in case it's rejected because the officers state the 'existing' drawing (ie double storey) is not finished yet, because they will most likely ask for photos half-way through the pp process. Is there a rule, such as phase 1 needs to be 'substantially built' or scaffolding off, or I need to have a building control completion cert in my hand before applying for phase 2? If so, where can I read up about this please, such a planning act?

Sponsored Links
I can't remember the last time any of the local authorities I deal with determined anything within the statutory timeframe, but good luck.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back