Tips for a great lawn please

Sponsored Links
I like the one given to an american tourist many years ago, roll and mow every day for 300 years...

Sponsored Links
I used to care a lot about my lawn.
Use to cut it weekly, twice weekly in summer, feed it, weed it and water it with sprinkler system in dry weather.
Looked fantastic.
Nowadays I care a lot less.
Yes, I weed it, feed it, but cut it every fortnight and rarely water it.
This is to say that if you want a great lawn you have to spend a lot of time on it.

Tbh my garden is full of grass (125ft) and I never maintain it except from cutting it every three months but it still grows like a beauty.

Living on the edge of the countryside our garden was levelled and raked 30 years ago and the lawn arrived on the wind.
I cut it maybe every 10 days, it's never had any feed and we don't own a hosepipe.
Our two neighbours on the other hand have had people coming on a regular basis with various treatments over the years.
I think we may have a bit more moss but from a distance all three lawns look the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back