Titan tools?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all

what do folks think of the titan range that screwfix stock?

i was flicking through the screwfix book and noticed they had a holesaw set for £29

also noticed their tools seem to be fairly priced aswell slightly dearer than ryobi stuff but is it up the job better than ryobi?

Sponsored Links
I think its a screwfix exclusive brand i.e. a shop brand meaning its basically generic chinese products which can be good and bad. Screwfix just import them. Check the link to instructions on the screwfix site for a titan power tool you'll probably find screwfix mentioned as the importer in the back of the instructions.

Ryobi and Titan are both chinese products but I'd take Ryobi over Titan anyday. I've got a AEG drill from techtronics (same company as Ryobi) and its brilliant very pleased with it.

yeah i think i would rather go for ryobi aswell seem to be available from far more places and cheaper with a better reputation!

Ryobi used to be good but seem to be turning quality down to compete at the base level. Abusing their reputation. That said, they're still ok and reasonable value.

Titan - had four Titan drills, normal and sds+. Three still in use. The dead one was a percussion I mashed by changing gear whilst it was still spinning - gearbox didn't like that and spat out all it's teeth but I don't blame it. Titan stuff is heavy and does the job. Fine for occasional use, but if you're using it all the time you'll want to throw more money at it.

But an SDS+ for forty quid, with some bits, bloody bargain imo, and the heaviness of the percussion drill was quite handy at times.

Sponsored Links
The Titan twin set are ex,use them all the time in my job as property maint,but loose a batterie like i did and your stuffed,couldnt find one anywhere,but like i said i thought they were great. A+

My Titan SDS+ hammer drill is extremely good. Only used for DIY until this morning when I loaned it to contractors whose core drill could not get through the foundation of a stone wall. ( under ground duct being installed ) The Titan didn't go through the wall like a hot knife through butter but it did get its own core drill through the wall much faster than the contractors hydraulic powered core drill did.

My Titan jig saw does not like cutting in a straight line. The blade changes angle and the saw goes off the line of cut if one is not very careful and cuts slowly.

I lent my Titan SDS+ to a contractor when his Hilti wouldn't drill through a wall.

Okay his Hilti was battery powered and the battery was flat, but cheap mains drill still outperformed expensive battery tool.

I have the Titan hole saw set http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-holesaws-15-piece-set/93131 and it's well made and has easily cut through everything I have tried it on, kitchen fitting mostly but also tap holes in baths, some sizes are used way more than others but still seem to remain sharp - if it disappeared tomorrow I would definitely buy another.

I also have the Titan breaker http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb280drh-15-5kg-breaker-230v/67819 excellent bit of kit that destroys anything I point it at, possibly the best 150 quid I have ever spent.

Titan offer unrivaled value for their heavy duty stuff. Always loads of power and they are pretty darned tough.

I've a good opinion of the Titan SDS breaker/drill I have.. I've beaten the crap out of it for at least 3 years and bar one small problem with the locking mechanism on the rotation-stop knob breaking (meaning the knob would rotate withy he vibrations and rotation would suddenly start) it's been very reliable.. Well worth he money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back