Tncs Pme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is tncs the same as pme do you need an earth rod driven into the ground as back up for the above

This might sound stupid but when we wire houses they are supplied with a concetric cable we put in a neutralising link as usaul,but recently we wired a commercial unit,bein supplied with three phase concetric cable ,we ran an earth rod as the boss told us but we returned days later and he had removed it can any body explain it to me please

Sponsored Links
I assume you work for a DNO as you mention wiring houses and placing a link between neutral and the earthing terminal?

If so then why would you think an earth rod would be needed for TNCS (same as PME) supplies?
BTW No earth rod required.

In the meters there is a terminal for the connection of a 10mm earth to the neutral of the supply.So you have live neutral and 10 earth tails going to board from the suppliers meter cabinet we are not modifying the system thts the way its intended.Im just a plain old spark (apprentice) no funny comments

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I'm totally lost here.
In the first post it sounds like you're messing with the DNO's equipment (cutout) as you mention concentric cabling and link between neutral and earthing terminal (TNCS/PME).

You now mention meters, which meters? Main DNO's meter? Not sure I've seen an earthing terminal in a meter though.

Well what is now the Republic of Ireland once was.

The Act of Union 1800 united the Kingdom of Great Britain with the Kingdom of Ireland, which had been gradually brought under English control between 1541 and 1691, to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland in 1801.

Independence for the Irish Free State in 1922 followed the partition of the island of Ireland two years previously, with six of the nine counties of the province of Ulster remaining within the UK, which then changed to the current name in 1927 of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back