To cut sheet ply at an angle or not to...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I'm after a bit of hopefully advise or thoughts as to how best to finish the roof of my shed.
Thanks to comments, I'm pretty much at the stage of getting the sheet ply on, but have a question as to how to cut.

I'm hoping the below image might make it easier to explain:

1. Now on the one hand, I could simply run my plunge saw down the sheet ply at 90 degrees (per the picture).

2. However, I'm also wondering whether I should set the saw to 22.5 degrees on both sides to make the edges of the ply flush at both ends.

I'm assuming that (2) would be preferable, but I've had mixed experiences with accurate cuts when using the plunge saw at angles.

I have a 1.4m rail, so I'm not able to clamp the rail at both ends for the 2.44mm length required. If there is any advice as to how best to go about this (or there's another way in which you'd suggest), I'm all ears!!

As always, thanks very much in advance - we're definitely getting closer to the finish line here!!

Shed Roof.png

IMG_7728.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7729.jpg
    IMG_7729.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
I would just keep it square.
But on a small shed like that I'd just fit the end trusses and span with purloins.
Then sheet with a corrugated cladding system.
The purloins can rest on top of the trusse or can be inset.

Sponsored Links
No need to cut flush, just so it doesn't overhang so the felt can wrap around the sawn end of the rafters.

Lovely job

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back