to Fitter ref. app. doors and hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitter, is there any chance of you detailing how to remove and replace fully integrated appliance doors and hinges from apps that are in-situ?

I've read that there are hinges that require flicking off with a screw-driver!

Sponsored Links
If you know the manufacture, look at there site. These things are not trade secrets.
I know of hinges that require a small nail put through a hole, then close the door. I also know of clips that are rotated & catches that are rotated.
I bought a replacement oven door & the removal instructions were included.

What are the appliances Tom?

If it is a fridge that uses the normal kitchen hinges and they are the Click fix type then it is possible to use a screwdriver to release then from the mounting plate. If they are fixed to the mounting plate with screws then you either have to undo the two screws that mount the hinge to the door, close the door then pull it forward off the hinge or remove the appliance and take the hinge off in the normal way. In either case you will have to remove the plastic slide from the opening edge of the fridge door first so the kitchen door swings independantly.

Dishwashers usually have screws through the d/w door into the kitchen door as well as brackets fixed to the d/w door.

Jason

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back