To good to be true

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone heard of a company called Better Business Solutions? I was approached by this company a few days ago and it all sounds to good to be true. In short they offer the following:

Millions of pounds worth of contracts as leads for me to go and price up in the Southampton/Portsmouth area.

I give them 6.5% of the contract value if I get the job to build.

They say they carry out follow up calls to the customer after I have given my quote so as to finalise the deal. Plus reports, phone logs and copies of all correspondence to the customer.

They say that after a short while I will be able to bin my advertising as I wont need to anymore and they will also sort out all my own enquiries for building work.

But you have to part with £3,500 per year for admin costs :eek:

Sponsored Links
Has anyone heard of a company called Better Business Solutions? I was approached by this company a few days ago and it all sounds to good to be true. In short they offer the following:

Millions of pounds worth of contracts as leads for me to go and price up in the Southampton/Portsmouth area.

They say they carry out follow up calls to the customer after I have given my quote so as to finalise the deal. Plus reports, phone logs and copies of all correspondence to the customer.

They say that after a short while I will be able to bin my advertising as I wont need to anymore and they will also sort out all my own enquiries for building work.

i had a similar offer come up, but never heard from them again when i told them that i would defer payments till i at least start getting quotes through them. they didnt want that much as i remember, think there fee was about £100 a month tho

Bin advertising in exchange for £ 3500 admin costs - fair deal ;)

Sponsored Links

I wonder how many other companies in your area they are offering this same deal to? Reminds me of the fortune teller who told blokes what horse to pick in a race or which boxer she felt was going to win the fight and all she asked was for 10% of the winning bet .

So she would tell each client to bet on the opposite bloke thus no matter what she has to win (unless its a draw).

The United States has this growing cancer called Franchise drainers with a little song they play and to be part of the team you have to fork over 40% of your hard earned money thus you take the risks ,you pay the insurance , your in the front lines paying some block a few thousand miles away who chomping on a stinky his hefty commissions

A fool and his money are easily parted or there would not be so many businessmen seeking out drainers or plumbers to give up a commission to them for doing the same things a business owner can do ADVERTISE yourself and keep the money in your own pocket

you know why it sounds too good to be true? because it is

Thanks guys this is also what I thought and I can imagine the amount of money they would earn if just 10% of the builders in my area took up their offer and they would all be going after the same jobs :eek:

As one of you stated a fool and his money is easily parted well i am sure i am not in this category which is why I asked you guys what you thought as one of you out here may well be signed on with them and doing very well :D

Thanks again for the replies

Back