Optimum Calls Telephone scam

Sponsored Links
So what happens when registered with TPS, and you still get these cold callers? My first caller was informed of the fact, and immediately hung up. The second caller, within the week, from the same company, actually argued with me, and said I needed to reregister with TPS, as it only lasted a year (incorrect), and started shouting at me.

Who.........the............F.........

Would knowingly sign up to a 5 year contract for telephone services? 5 years? seriously.

Reality check, rebecca, noone believes this bull.

Bunch of scammers through and through.

Sponsored Links
The way I see it is if I want something I will go and find the best deal. If you come knocking on my door you can expect nothing from me! The last time it happened I said to a dishevelled-looking turd from an energy company “I don’t care if you just want to hand me a wad of notes and leave – I’m not interested!”

The moron then started arguing with me instead of realising that whilst he may make himself feel better for telling me, (in his words), “What, you’re not interested in money?” with a look of distain, he is not going to get a sale that way. He could do with going on a Dale Carnegie course. “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still”.

When it comes to phone calls, the other day when she asked me if I was Mr Tone I said “No! He’s dead!”, and hung up. Maybe it will go on their records that it’s going to be difficult to get a dead man to commit to an offer no-one else can allegedly match.

My usual method with phone calls, when they ask for me by name, is to say “Oh just a minute. I’ll go and get him” and then leave the phone active and get on with what I was doing before they bothered me.

Well, if they are going to waste my time I’ll waste theirs...

Who would knowingly sign up to a 5 year contract for telephone services? 5 years? seriously.
Quite! Exactly!

My contract of marriage didn't even last that long!

If it smells like **** and looks like **** and you saw it come from a bull's arse - it's probably bullshit.

And bullshit about we’re having an investigation and looking into it and blah blah blah...

It’s a voice recording FFS not brain surgery. But of cour$e it’s in their intere$t to drag their feet for a$ long as po$$ible over a $imple thing to correct.

The way I see it is if I want something I will go and find the best deal. If you come knocking on my door you can expect nothing from me! The last time it happened I said to a dishevelled-looking turd from an energy company “!”

:LOL: :LOL: I didn`t even say that much to one @ my door - I politely said " excuse me " and pointed to a sign that reads - cold callers don`t ring the bell - Then shut the door on a wimpering voice saying " But I`m from British Gas......" :mrgreen:

The price match is complete rubbish, it says in the small print that the new offer has to be in writing addressed to the account holder, I tried to get offers in writing from BT and Talk talk, both said they don't do written offers as all the information is on their website. Ms Williams then said that they had a whole team that was dedicated to price matching, and they were always matching prices from other companies, yet she was unable to name a single company that would give me a written quote.
Optimum calls have now waived any termination fees because I threatened to refer them to the ofcom dispute scheme.

Cold callers, telemarketers, call them what you will are vermin, to be eradicated..... They serve no useful purpose, they consume valuable Oxygen and steal time from folk who work for a living. They are a drain on small and large businesses alike and prey on the vulnerable..

I find the response "Oh, you need to speak to the owner, Mr XYZ, I'll just get him for you" works, then simply lay the phone to one side and get on with something else. It's a service to their next victim. When not particularly busy I've kept them on for up to 10 minutes by returning to the phone every couple of minutes and pretending "he's down the garden, he won't be long...".
I often keep the Jehova's Witnesses talking on the doorstep as a service to my neighbours....actually they haven't been around for a while. Do you think I might be blacklisted?

Has anyone else had the "we're from Microsoft technical, and there's a virus on your 'puter" scam? Kept them on the phone for 35 minutes until they got bored!

MM

MeldrewsMate said:
Has anyone else had the "we're from Microsoft technical, and there's a virus on your 'puter" scam?

I've had "This is Microsoft technical services. Your computer has reported a problem" twice, both times in a barely intelligible foreign accent. :confused: :confused: :confused: The first time round I wasn't sure what I'd heard and replied "I haven't reported any problems". This was quickly followed by "No, no, your COMPUTER has reported a problem."

This was when the penny dropped. How many people, when presented with that slightly annoying message inviting them to send an error report to Microsoft, just click on Send? :?: :?: :?: I told him in no uncertain terms that Microsoft didn't know who I was, didn't even know I had a computer and certainly didn't know my phone number. :eek: :eek: :eek: He still wouldn't let up so I hung up.

Next time around was easier. I simply replied "What computer? What makes you think I've got a computer?" He hung up. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Big Tone said:
My usual method with phone calls, when they ask for me by name, is to say “Oh just a minute. I’ll go and get him” and then leave the phone active and get on with what I was doing before they bothered me.

Brilliant! I'll try that next time. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PS: I nearly forgot this one. It was Orange and they really took the biscuit:

"Hello ---- We would like to offer you a free phone --"

"Hold it right there. Is this a contract phone or pay as you go?"

"Of course this is a contract phone but --"

"No thanks. we only use pay as you go here."

With that, I hung up but the phone rang a few minutes later. It was Orange again:

"Hello -- Could you tell me how much you spend each month on your phones?"

"NO! NOW P*SS OFF!"

You couldn't make it up; you really couldn't. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There should be a legal limit placed on how long a contract can last.

Whilst for many years 12 months was standard, 24 months is becoming increasingly commonplace and apparently in America, many mobile phone contracts are 36 months.

Meaning that Britain is only so far behind.

Where will it end?

A 5 year contract is just beyond stupid and shouldn't be allowed by law.

i know the feeling..that's what these telemarketers are good at. they trick you...tell you a lot of thngs and 99% of the time, it's 1% true and rest are all bluffs... i suggest you get their number and report it to consumer complaints sites like callercenter.com so eveybody getrs warned...one time, i got a lottery scam call and i know it was a scam because i read blogs and forums a lot..i got the number, reported it to callercenter and guess what i found out? in a day's time, i got 12 complaints for that number alone... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back