To Tank or Not To Tank?

iep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to have our bathroom tiled including around the bath where we will have a rail mounted shower on the wall at the head of the bath.

FYI, one side of the bath sits against a newly built stud wall with concrete board, head of the bath is up against a freshly skimmed solid stone wall.

My tiler (very good, very highly recommended) reckons tanking is unnecessary and just presents a risk since it might not adhere brilliantly to the newly skimmed wall.

What are peoples thoughts on this and, if I do go with tanking, what can/should I do to ensure the tanking is well adhered to both the newly skimmed wall and the concrete board?

Thanks,

iep

Sponsored Links
My tiler (very good, very highly recommended) reckons tanking is unnecessary and just presents a risk since it might not adhere brilliantly to the newly skimmed wall.

I would tank, we did so in all our 5 bathrooms, and all were newly plastered walls, we even had blueboard behind them - and make sure you put the tape in the corner!!!, it is not expensive and will prevent a lot of hassle later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back