Tobias Elwood says we should rejoin Single Market

Sponsored Links
So, by your definition of things, whilst I have paid tax and NI all my life when I'm ill or injured (as has happened a couple of times in my life) I should not be entitled to claim any money - or be paid not to work?

If you have paid into the system you deserve payments back to you in times of need.

But I'm not talking about people who have paid into the system! The problem is that we are paying public money to millions of people who do not deserve it.

Imagine what we could do as a country if the trillions paid to the bone idle were put to productive use? Surely we would not have to depend on other countries for anything? We would not have to keep devaluing the currency for one thing.

All Britain's political problems stem from its mismanagement of its money.

Sponsored Links
He is probably on about those that claim as a life choice, not as a temporary thing.
but When challenged you can never say what percentage of benefit claimants are scroungers.

it’s because you like to claim they all are

Where are these bone idle you speak of?

but When challenged you can never say what percentage of benefit claimants are scroungers.
Notchy we have been over this countess times, I've answered you, in full, countless times; yet still you ask, like Marathon Man, the same question.

Let's discuss the other side of the question for once; what else could we do with the billions and trillions we give away, year in, year out, in welfare payments? Could we use it in a way that helps the country as well as lifting the "bone idle / scroungers / deserving or undeserving poor" from their unsatisfactory existences?

Yes, we have a parasite political class also, which creams millions off the taxpayer, but I would get rid of them as well.

The problem is that we are wasting money. The two largest payments we make as a country are the welfare budget and what is called "servicing debts".
Going alone has shown The UK for the basket case it is, and the Pound is in trouble.

Britain being a basket case is entirely the fault of the governments we have had.

But, because we have bad governments is it necessary that a foreign power must intervene and take control? Are you making the rather sad statement that nobody in Britain has the necessary qualities to govern?

Any foreign power will act in its own interest, we need to keep Britain to ourselves.

Fraudulent welfare payments cost the UK about £1 billion per year. A mere fraction of the 37 billion wasted on a single poorly thought out T&T app. Chump change to greedy Tories and their wealthy needy chums.

:) Maybe look for a deep and meaningful relationship.

The other option which some thought would happen if I remember the correct name is the Norway option. I believe they have a seat on the WTO. Different type of gov though - they thought state ownership of raw materials was a good idea. French did on power too.

The EU rules - there is more than a degree of exaggeration about that area. Also electing representative who want out of it can't really be a good idea can it.

Cameron seemed to think our rather lop sided economy could be fixed within it but then he also said that those unfortunate enough to fall below the state net should look to charity like the olden days. I wondered if the poor houses would come back. The state net is designed to be rather uncomfortable. Work must pay etc Personally I wonder what type of vacancies we are short of. We have had many years of companies not being prepared to train people plus what "type" of person do they want. Even appearance etc.

My view based on comments especially about trade deals is make us more of a importers heaven, probably collect more tax that should be due and areas like. Avoid EU import tariffs too. Certain borders were bound to be a problem. Odd we must have one but the EU needn't.

Blare / Brown join the Euro. Might have been a good time in some ways but may also then have made us too expensive. I've never checked exchange rates at that point so an assumption.

How much being in costs. Well a famous person ignored what came back and I doubt if anyone really looked at what other cash comes here from being in and wondered if that will continue.

He is probably on about those that claim as a life choice, not as a temporary thing.
Are there seriously that many people doing so? TBH living hand to mouth is not what most people would choose to do

The Tobias Elwood statement is actually good news for Boris, although there are possibly more leave than remain mp's who have put letters in, getting rid of Boris could very well open the door to re-joining the single market, in fact the only way we could re-join it would be to get rid of Boris.
A no confidence vote could be a re-run of the referendum.

Titter. Tory brexer gammons spitting out their G&T's all over their wooly ties after hearing the words re-join, lol.

Sponsored Links
Back