Todays Pics.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Todays Pics.....

A day of jobbing it around.....

First off, swapping a socket which would no longer turn off - This was reported shortly after a load of kit was frazzled when the 11kv DNO pole mounted tranny caught fire.

1298047243.jpg

A selection of rough as arse DB's in a cupboard.......which I guess they thought was draughty!

1298046775.jpg

And finally, two photos which although are a pair, are rather shocking! Unless I have lost touch!

1298046779.jpg

1298046780.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is that a circuirt schedule I can see :eek:
Rare as rocking horse **** they are :LOL:

This is a small hotel - the expanding foam was done to stop the draught! The handyman so told me!

It is a circuit schedule, placed just so 5 years ago when we periodically inspected the place!

Sponsored Links
This is a small hotel - the expanding foam was done to stop the draught! The handyman so told me!

It is a circuit schedule, placed just so 5 years ago when we periodically inspected the place!

What code did you give the Contactum CU's? :LOL: :LOL:

I found a pole-mounted tranny on You Tube.

Oh, hang on, that one's different, isn't it? :oops:

;)

If you mount a toroidal tranny through its hole, you must insulate the bolt.

:rolleyes:

If you mount a toroidal tranny through its hole, you must insulate the bolt. :rolleyes:

The bolt can be connected to the chassis BUT ONLY AT ONE END. If the transformer has mains supply then earthing the bolt can be necessary for safety.

The bolt and the metal it connects to must not create a conductive loop as that forms a short circuited single turn high current secondary winding and the transformer will almost certainly overload and possibly burn.

Well thats good to know, I will tell the DNO lads next time I see them up a pole! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back