Todays Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I usualy only look at todays post as the time Im at work there are a few to read..I always look at the times & think get to bed. My turn now to have an early one...BUT I am in Canada at the moment..Its cold

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
I usualy only look at todays post as the time Im at work there are a few to read..I always look at the times & think get to bed. My turn now to have an early one...BUT I am in Canada at the moment..Its cold

Yep tempratures of -40oc usually are cold, why didnt you go there in the summer?? Why do you think Polar Bears live there??

Whats it like, been meaning to go for years. Maybe even immigrate out there.

Sponsored Links
I got married in Canada. We had a great time - found the people very friendly, both in Ontario and Quebec. Canada seems to have the best bits of the UK and the best bits of the USA.

i have relatives in canada - my mum's auntie moved there when she was younger. Been there a couple of times in Septembers, when the weather is mild in Ontario. Visited Niagara falls and stayed at their friend's house further north (4 hours away) at the side of a lake, very scenic place.

never been but I'd like to take the wife one day, she likes train journeys and I'm told that there's a great one out there goes right across and is nice? anyone been done that? is it ?

I haven't done that - but I used to know 2 Canadian girls who have done it. They said it is OK - although Manitoba is a very desolate and boring province. I recommend the Rough Guide to Canada - it was very useful when we went.

We've spend 2 weeks in British Columbia seven years ago (high summer, high temperatures, very low humidity).
Wonderfull, we had booked a fly and drive arrangement with lots of outdoor activities paid upfront (so you do them) and we stayed at small B&B's and cabins in Natural parks. One of the best holidays we had. Started and ended in Vancouver, halfway through we drove the famous 'gletcher route' from Banf to Jasper. On our second evening (after we spend the whole day from Victoris Island on a whale-watching boat and ended right in the middle of a group of moer then 30 Orca's ! !) in Vancouver there was a hugh firworks display on music, never seen anything like it.

What is nice here is you can go out at 11pm for a drink & meal & not clock watch, as we did last night.
Then woke this moring to find another 3" of snow & its still snowing as we watch live uk football. The Tottenham game at the moment..watched Manu over b/fast in a bar.
Dont watch f/ball at home, seems different when you are away.

Sponsored Links
Back