nned more time :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any ideas folks.. (dont suggest a deleorian or a time turner.. or any other time thing)
Ive been advised by my doc to exercise to bring my blood preesure down.
problem is i dont have much time.

i get up at 6:30 and drive to work almost immediately.
i get 30mins lunch break.
i leave work at 5:30 and get home at 6:30
i then feed my daughter till 7:00 which includes my dinner
i play with my daughter for 30 min (only time i get on a week day)
i then bath my daughetr and give her her bed time bottle.. by this time its 8:30

is it worthwhile going to the gym for the 20mins before they close.. and is it such a good idea if i have to get to bed by 10:30 in order to be up again early in the morning?.. if i go for a run at 8:30.. by the time i'm back and showered its nearly 9:30 and i get to spend 30 mins with my finacee before its bed time.....
talk about a busy life.. and i have to fit mates into that time too.. (actually.. no i dont cos i've lost most of them through not having the time!!!)

Is it worthwhile just going to the gym one day a week i a weekend day?...
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like a choice between your current job and your health. I could guess which your daughter would choose for you if she was older.

Sounds like you are a good dad. When my kids were little I had a bike with one of those baby seats on it and i used to cycle around with them. Why don't you try it then you can get fitter and see your daughter

Exercise will help, so will loosing weight if your overweight, or being medicated which is what you may need. You should be aiming for 120/80 maximum. Try going back to GP and stamping your foot, they don't usually treat you until it's higher than is good for you

Sponsored Links
If the exercise was the only problem, you could do a timed stair-running each day for heart and lungs, with a circuit of easy exercises to do on the top and bott landings if you want to add strength and flexibility.

I used to do that for ski-conditioning, your doc can doubtless give you some pulse rates to aim for, you can exercise to bring your pulse to this rate for so many minutes.

You can buy a device to strap on your wrist that will monitor pulse and blood pressure, I got mine from Tesco extra.

This will give you your nn minutes of exercise, without adding on the extra time for driving to and from the gym, and the "not tonight" probs. However, having an outside commitment helps keep your nose to the grindstone.

Back