Washing machines ... ARGH!!!

Have you checked out beko/grundig

I've recently found them the best for dishwasher and tumble dryer

Sponsored Links
Have you checked out beko/grundig

I've recently found them the best for dishwasher and tumble dryer

Ive got Grundig Appliances.... been very good ...however had a Grundig engineer out for the dishwasher , and he rubbished the tumble dryer a bit.

I bought a new machine for my last house. The house had a coal fire with a back boiler so, I always had lashings of hot water. I hunted high and low for a machine that had both hot and cold inlets so that I could take advantage of the free hot water.
After using the machine for a couple of months, I realised that it only took in cold water so, I complained to the shop, where I got nowhere. Eventually, I complained to the manufacturer who informed me that it was a design feature to save energy as the machine would only heat the water that it was going to use.
I was absolutely ph@rting against thunder trying to explain the folly of the design because I had all the hot water in the world and their machine was using electricity to heat my cold water.
I regularly had so much hot water that I had to run the hot tap and let the hot water run down the drain because I could hear it bubbling in the tank.
I once put a thermometer under the hot tap in the kitchen and measured the water at 92°C.

Sponsored Links
I bought a new machine for my last house. The house had a coal fire with a back boiler so, I always had lashings of hot water. I hunted high and low for a machine that had both hot and cold inlets so that I could take advantage of the free hot water.
After using the machine for a couple of months, I realised that it only took in cold water so, I complained to the shop, where I got nowhere. Eventually, I complained to the manufacturer who informed me that it was a design feature to save energy as the machine would only heat the water that it was going to use.
I was absolutely ph@rting against thunder trying to explain the folly of the design because I had all the hot water in the world and their machine was using electricity to heat my cold water.
I regularly had so much hot water that I had to run the hot tap and let the hot water run down the drain because I could hear it bubbling in the tank.
I once put a thermometer under the hot tap in the kitchen and measured the water at 92°C.

Could you not have a tropical green house with underfloor heating sourced by the hot water. Or a heated swimming pool.

Could you feed the wm cold inlet from the hot tap instead?
That way when it goes to heat the water it will quickly find that it's hot and not heat it any more?

Could you feed the wm cold inlet from the hot tap instead?
That way when it goes to heat the water it will quickly find that it's hot and not heat it any more?
My mate connected his new washing machine up wrongly many years ago. He connected the hot to the cold and the cold to the hot. The clothes were coming out hot after a wash as they were being hot rinsed. Hotter than the programme for some clothes and it ruined them. The Hotpoint engineer found the 'fault' in seconds.

My mate connected his new washing machine up wrongly many years ago. He connected the hot to the cold and the cold to the hot. The clothes were coming out hot after a wash as they were being hot rinsed. Hotter than the programme for some clothes and it ruined them. The Hotpoint engineer found the 'fault' in seconds.

Was he colour blind?

Ours has an idiot button. I.e. you just fill the machine up with clothes and detergent and press the idiot button.... not that I know which is the idiot button.

I have a samsung now the dyson has been retired. The wash starts off saying 3 hours odd but it then "weighs" the clothes and ends up at an hour and a bit. No quick wash as such but a rinse and spin.
Doesn't spin anywhere near as fast as the dyson did even though they are rated the same..

I've mainly bought Hotpoints over the years. You can always get parts and they are reasonably priced.

The exception is a Candy washer that caught fire (melted circuit board giving out black smoke from under the machine) in the 90's and a Servis washing machine (well actually a Turkish made washer......they bought the name) that after two years needed new shock absorbers and the parts were not available.

Now that the ankle-biters have flown the nest the washer doesn't get anything like the hammer it used to. Present washer is a Hotpoint FML942 that cost £229 and we've had it five years with no problems. I've heard bad stories about Beko (Turkish) and Haier (Chinese). The latter are reasonably priced but if your machine is out of warranty the spares prices are level with Mercedes-Benz dealerships. It was a Beko fridge freezer that originally caught fire and led to the catastrophic loss of life at Grenfell tower.

I'm sticking with Hotpoint.

The present Hotpoint washer (and all of the previous Hotpoints we've had) have a quick wash option where you can choose the temperature.

I'd defo go for a Hotpoint again.

I have a samsung now the dyson has been retired. The wash starts off saying 3 hours odd but it then "weighs" the clothes and ends up at an hour and a bit. No quick wash as such but a rinse and spin.
Doesn't spin anywhere near as fast as the dyson did even though they are rated the same..
MMmm, that's interesting, perhaps I shouldn't focus so much on the ridiculously long quoted cycle times.

Sponsored Links
Back