Today's Walk...

Sponsored Links
You cannot open up a discussion over artificial population increase. If you do, you are accused of being something unsavory.

I tried to have a discussion with a group of people recently. In this conversation I questioned whether the pace of immigration and the distribution of immigrants has been thought out over the decades. I pointed out that for several of Derby's suburbs the ethnic makeup has gone from 99% "White British" in 1971 to around 28% in 2011. This is also true of many cities in the Midlands. I questioned if this was part of the reason that many of those areas have broken communities with no sense of unity and high crime rates. I was called a racist and bigot and immediately ended the conversation.

I hoped for a serious conversation to gauge opinions on the managed movement of people (in the UK and abroad). What I got was a torrent of drivel from people who are seemingly scared to talk about anything which may offend.

You cannot open up a discussion over artificial population increase. If you do, you are accused of being something unsavory.

I tried to have a discussion with a group of people recently. In this conversation I questioned whether the pace of immigration and the distribution of immigrants has been thought out over the decades. I pointed out that for several of Derby's suburbs the ethnic makeup has gone from 99% "White British" in 1971 to around 28% in 2011. This is also true of many cities in the Midlands. I questioned if this was part of the reason that many of those areas have broken communities with no sense of unity and high crime rates. I was called a racist and bigot and immediately ended the conversation.

I hoped for a serious conversation to gauge opinions on the managed movement of people (in the UK and abroad). What I got was a torrent of drivel from people who are seemingly scared to talk about anything which may offend.

That is very true.

Unfortunately government has made immigration a scapegoat so it has become a toxic subject.

Many people have legitimate concerns about the changes to their local communities where areas have over recent decades have seen a significant shift in the demographic.

Those people that want to discuss their concerns may not express themselves well or perhaps direct their frustration at immigrants - but without bad intent.

As soon as they try having a serious discussion, they get shot down with shouts of xenophobe (this forum is a classic example).

The people doing the shouting arent interested in having a discussion, they are too busy climbing up to the moral high ground.

Russian Jew? Why is it necessary to tell us that when describing someone who's a good musician?
I thought he was playing a Russian tune. I recognised it but did not know what it was. I wished I'd stopped for a chat and asked him.

So I created thread
Name that Russian tune.
Motman got it right and pointed out that it was not Russian but Jewish.

So my little joke was he must have been a Russian Jew.

I no you don't approve of jokes if it involves a foreigner.

Sponsored Links
That is very true...

It's refreshing to hear somebody agree. I cannot stress more that this is not about race, ignorance or bigotry -- it is about a genuine and legitimate concern over the artificial increase in a population and the effects of that.

I find that nobody wants to talk about it (at least openly) and if you do, you become an easy target. The whole topic of the conversation is ignored and instead it becomes a competition for the moral high ground as you say.

We all know what benefits immigration brings and we all know that to an extent we need it economically, but the volume and pace at which it has happened along with the dramatic shift in the demographic is alarming. What's possibly even more alarming though is the perceived general acceptance of this, with too few asking what the long-term strategy is. I just can't understand why so many are so placid about it all.

I thought he was playing a Russian tune. I recognised it but did not know what it was. I wished I'd stopped for a chat and asked him.

So I created thread
Name that Russian tune.
Motman got it right and pointed out that it was not Russian but Jewish.

So my little joke was he must have been a Russian Jew.

I no you don't approve of jokes if it involves a foreigner.

Not this one you’re thinking of is it? Not Russian, Jewish.

Name that Russian tune was created a few hours prior to this one.

Leaving aside the obvious, I would question the idea of "the managed movement of people" (in the UK).

Are you suggesting that these people be ordered to live in every tenth house in every street in the country (e.g. bussed to Truro or Thurso) rather than, as is natural, choose to live near similar people?

You do, of course, naturally leave yourself open to various targeting by starting with 'white British'.

A lot of the immigration was the result of Government policy and/or colonisation.

Not to mention the title of this thread. Migration watch is a right-wing website.

That is unfortunate. I will change the title immediately.

Around 6 to 7 in the morning Harlow Town centre is majorty foreign. You have the advantage of checking this out yourself one morning.

Is there anything else I've written that you would like me to explain... I'm more than happy too.

You do like describe a storm
when it's merely a drizzle, don't you....

Anyway I'd love to hear from you.

My children's mother is Polish Indian.!?!?

That still doesn't answer the question. How can you claim to be pure Anglo Saxon and also have Jewish grandparents. Unless neither of this is true.

Leaving aside the obvious, I would question the idea of "the managed movement of people" (in the UK).

Are you suggesting that these people be ordered to live in every tenth house in every street in the country (e.g. bussed to Truro or Thurso) rather than, as is natural, choose to live near similar people?

You do, of course, naturally leave yourself open to various targeting by starting with 'white British'.

A lot of the immigration was the result of Government policy and/or colonisation.

I'm happy your here.. Would you read my last two posts please to the Sod..

You are a trouble maker.

re you suggesting that these people be ordered to live in every tenth house in every street in the country (e.g. bussed to Truro or Thurso) rather than, as is natural, choose to live near similar people?

In the spirit of an open discussion, is that to be taken as a genuine question or have you already reached a conclusion.

Leaving aside the obvious, I would question the idea of "the managed movement of people" (in the UK). Are you suggesting that these people be ordered to live in every tenth house in every street in the country (e.g. bussed to Truro or Thurso) rather than, as is natural, choose to live near similar people?

No I am not suggesting that. The concern I am raising is that for several decades, only certain areas/suburbs of cities have seen people from outside the UK settling there. What this results in is total geographic segregation. There are many areas of Derby (for example) which have had very little change to their ethnic make up, yet others have seen a complete change to their identity.

That is an ethnic group as identified on the government census and many polls and surveys. Why would I be targeted? Let's call it "white people" then instead.

Government policy is exactly the reason.

Your terminology as EFL pointed out is suspect either through bias or simply through lack of clarity. In either case if I understand you correctly you believe that the pace of immigration has lead to negative effects on society ie an increase in crime. If you can prove casuality then you do have a case.

Yes, it's a genuine question.

How else can the concentrations of immigrants complained about be avoided?

Sponsored Links
Back