Toe Vs Drill bit

FMC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was putting up my new fence and as you do ,you try to do 4 things at once.Well I was holding the drill(a big heavy B+D one) between my legs ,trying to hold the wood up and had screws in my other hand ,when i dropped the drill on my foot.As I was wearing only trainers it went right through and put a 2mm hole in my big toe.Still I did get a couple of days off work for it ;)

Sponsored Links
I can top that. Working late one night on an electronics project, I didn't have a stand for my soldering iron, so strategically placed it on the worktop with the tip overhaning. Went to bed and forgot to turn it off. Next day, came in and stretched across to pick a reference book off a high shelf above the workbench.

I was wearing a cheapo pair of trousers made from a manmade fibre, but luckily cotton underwear and I thank my lucky stars I was never circumsised. It was very painfull but didn't leave any lasting scars.

Out of embarassment I never told the truth to my workmates, I'd have never lived it down. My wife had to be told, however, and she still reminds me off it on a regular basis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back