Stupid DIYer

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have recently had to pull up my horrible chipboard kitchen floor, and put down ply.

I knew the handy little cordless drill I use for light jobs like curtain rails would not be up to the job, and I didn't want to use my big corded drill, so I snapped up a medium new 14V cordless with adjustable torque and speed from Wickes clearance shelf. I was quite satisfied, it drilled and countersunk all the boards and joists, and drove in all the screws except that it ran weak at the last few.

Job finished, I went to put it away in the garage on my power tools shelf, was looking for a spare plastic power tool case, saw one that I couldn't remember, had a look inside... and discovered a brand-new 18V cordless drill that I'd bought and forgotten about...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
PLONKA! At least you have 2 now so you can have 1 with a screw bit & one with a drill in. :D

Easily done; I've had that a few times with hand tools, and been saved from making duplicate purchases occasionally when I've come across a tool I was going to buy, in the workshop.

My bigger failure has been buying duplicate books by accident, even though all mine are catalogued on a computer database.

At least duplicate tools come in handy.

Sponsored Links
duplicate post... quick get the mods.

I spent 1 pound at a shed recently, bought one of those little adjustable set square things that are useful for doing angles (cant remember the name, like a pointy ruler in a rectangle handle). Bought it home & put it in the toolbox thinking it will come in handy soon for when I do the skirting boards.

Then went out a feew days later especially to get something to help me do non 90 angles & bought another.

Luckily they were on sale & I only had to spend another 50p :D
At least I can do 2 angles at the same time now :D

I have done this many times before especialy with things like spanners I will buy one for a job then discover when I got home I already have 6!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I've got a Record Power universal machine, that I power up about once every three months to make sure the motors don't bind, but mostly to relieve my guilt at buying it. I have a few other guilt ridden toys (of the power tool variety :D) as well.

I have done this many times before especialy with things like spanners I will buy one for a job then discover when I got home I already have 6!

O well, At least it's not just me that does that, then. I just bought an expensive stainless steel garden fork only to find I already had a perfectly good one in the shed. It's the tools you seldom use that you forget you own.

I spent 1 pound at a shed recently, bought one of those little adjustable set square things that are useful for doing angles (cant remember the name, like a pointy ruler in a rectangle handle). [/i]

Sounds like an adjustable bevel to me! And at £1.50 for two i'd say you've snapped up a bargain!

i think i joined an alzheimer support group but i never went cause i can't remember what night it is on

i think i joined an alzheimer support group but i never went cause i can't remember what night it is on

You did go and I lent you £50. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back