need advice buying drill

Sponsored Links
For general use that drill will be fine, although take the 13mm in masonry with a pinch of salt.......sure it will get there but from the sound of it you won't need it for that.
As for general screws, it will fix all you need, common domestic sizes being from 1 to 3".
John :)

For general use that drill will be fine, although take the 13mm in masonry with a pinch of salt.......sure it will get there but from the sound of it you won't need it for that.
As for general screws, it will fix all you need, common domestic sizes being from 1 to 3".
ok thanks

Sponsored Links
It's a hammer action drill, so it will perform well in masonry.......or at least as well as any drill of its type.
Two speeds are usual, and it looks to have the normal range of torque settings.

I've heard a couple of chippies saying they were buying impact drivers to use a screwdrivers as they were tougher, but they were using them full time not occasional DIY use.
Decent cordless drill should be okay - I've got an 18v Makita (one of the older NICD ones with the red batteries) which was the drill of choice a few years back amongst the trade blokes I worked with.
So far I've found anything I cant drill into with the Makita on hammer then my old B&D corded 650w drill doesnt do much better, and its out with the SDS monster which wonders what all the fuss was about :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back