Toilet cistern diaphragm ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello......my plastic cistern ball valve has developed an annoying drip which is causing the cistern to overflow. I simply require a new rubber diaphragm, is it possible to obtain a new one ?

Many thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Yes you can get them, just go to your local plumbers merchants.

Just as easy to change the whole thing as you need to strip the old one out to take with you to make sure you get the right washer

Rico

Sorted mine out yesterday, would have been about £3.50 for a complete new ball valve from screwfix - but I decided to splash out and spent nearly a whole tenner on a quiet fill torbeck.

Hi Rico.....many thanks for the reply. No problem taking the old diaphragm out, a lot easier than removing the whole thing from the cistern.

A plumbers merchant, now there's a challenge, the mighty B&Q seems to dominate in this neck of the woods, I'll have to blow the dust off the faded Yellow Pages to find one...... :confused:

Sponsored Links
I had same problem few weeks back, changed diaphram only to find it made no difference. Further examination revealed the plastic nozzle was the problem. These are also available at B & Q should one be needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back