toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. unpacked new toilet n cistern and all fixing gear today. had loads of problems.instructions said. insert siphon n rubber washer thru bottom of cistern. attach plate, big plastic nut and big rubber washer put square ended bolts thru plate thru toilet pan and tighten up. so far so good. can someone tell me why there are two holes thru the bottom of the cistern above the heads of these bolts. theres no plugs or anything in the kit to bung up these holes.
problem 2... on the right hand side underneath there is an inlet hole and on the front right there is a handle hole. thats all the holes there are. there is not enough room for the siphon and the ball....help please

Sponsored Links
the two holes are for bolting the cistern to pan when not using a metal plate.

sounds like you have the wrong internals etc for that cistern

yes they gave me wrong coupling kit for cistern and pan and going to the suppliers warehouse monday to sort out the inside bits. good job i still had the old toilet to put back in

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back