Toilet cross thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to cut a long story short I have been fiddling with the flexi hose of the toilet inlet where it meets the fill valve. I have attached photos, although watertight I suspect things have become cross thread and the nut is on wonky.

The flexi hose and isolator looks worn as well. I am not too confident with plumbing and will need to get someone to put a new flexi hose on alongside possibly installing a new fill valve.
I have turned water off at the flexi isolator for the time being.

The parts will cost £15. I had 3 questions
1) I am living in Nottingham anyone know how much the labour would cost to change the flexi hose? and possibly the fill valve if the male threads are damaged?
2) Is there any risk with leaving it cross threaded?
3) I have homeserve cover- doubt they would come out for this ? any knowledge if they would cover this with the right story?

many thanks for your help

George IMG_8420.JPG IMG_8421.JPG

Sponsored Links
Doubt if the nut is damaged however the rubber washer in the end of flexi might be depending on how tight was tight. For a few pence try the extention and if it leaks then call somebody but have them fit a separate isolation valve before the flexi then you can isolate the water and change anything past that point. As for costs it varies so ask around.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back