Toilet Flush Problem - new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've recently installed a new back to wall pan with concealed cistern in vanity unit and have a problem with the flush. The flush doesn't cover the whole pan, pretty much missing all of it from around 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock if you think of it as a clock face. The cistern is filling to the line and overall water supply is good.

We've now tried replacing the pan, in case a fault in manufacture was to blame, but found exactly the same issue with the replacement and we're now running out of ideas. Would be very grateful if anyone has some suggestions and/or previous experience of this problem.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Good thought, thanks, but it's bang on. We don't seem to have any blockages and we've also tried getting the cistern a little higher to see if it improves flow, although I would expect it to cover the whole pan even if the flow was weak.

Really scratching our heads!

Two bad castings from the same company, holes aren`t clear, which make is it or from where did you buy it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. A bad casting was the original suspect and so a replacement pan was supplied. I’ve been assured that the replacement was tested before they sent it out, but whilst I’ve no reason to disbelieve them on that front, I can only say that the performance is no better.

Is it that likely that the manufacturer (Qualitex) might simply have a bad batch? Anyone come across this before?

I’ve also tried swapping the cistern back to the old one BTW, but I still get the same result. That would surely suggest that it is the pan that’s to blame, but two in a row..?

Don’t think so, thanks, but it’s something I will double-check. Having refitted it around 10 times now, i’d Hope that I’d not have done so every time, but it’s worth another look. I’ve pretty much tried everything else!

Mark the flush pipe against the pan connector then remove the pan, refit connector on pipe to the mark and see how far it protrudes beyond the end of it...the connector its self shouldn't be pushed too far in beyond flush with the back of the pan .
I have,but not recently seen like a plastic piece inside which I assume is a diverter ?

Thanks again. Will try what you suggest and let you know how I get on, although I won’t get a chance to get back to this until early next week now.

Yes, the plastic piece is simply a diverter that directs the water to both sides. The original thought was that this was missing, but it is in place.

Really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back