Toilet Flush Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a toilet cistern which is built into my bathroom with the only visible part being the flush which is flat mounted on the vertical face of the panelling. Just recently it stopped working properly. The flush button has 2 parts - 1 large round button and then within this a smaller button.
The large round button has stopped working and when I forget and press it, there seems to be a small amount of water that then dribbles out.
I have looked inside the panelling and note that there appear to be 2 clear tubes about the diameter of a drinking straw that lead from the back of the flush mechanism to the cistern.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem or even what drives the flush - should the clear pipes have water in them or air? Currently they seem to have air with a few drops of water.
Any help would be appreciated.:cool: [/u]

Sponsored Links
the flush button is a bellows that forces air down the clear plastic tubes, its fairly common for the bellows to split , you need to replace the button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back