Toilet Installation Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have recently bought a new bathroom and currently installing it. This is the toilet I've bought - http://www.bathstore.com/products/euro-onepiece-close-coupled-wc-inc-seat-1047.html.

I don't mess with toilet soil pipes so I have someone installing the toilet. The soil pipe is in the floor and the edge is about 2 inches from the wall.

My plumber reckons that I'll end up with a about a 4 inch gap between the cistern and the wall which is obviously not great news. The toilet's spec says that it's suitable for floor soil pipes but the plumber says that the position of the soil pipe plus the fact that the toilet's design (sealed) makes it difficult to get his hand into position to slot onto the soil pipe means the gap is unavoidable.

I just wondered if anyone has any ideas about how I might overcome this problem?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

That won't work either.
You'll need a 90 degree flexi or measure a swan neck see if that gives you what you want.

71620.jpg

001833.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks - obviously the pipe is flexible to enable installation in awkward circumstances, but does it then need to sit completely straight once installed - once the toilet is in place, the pipe might sit slightly bent - is this ok?

Many thanks

Yes thanks - if it bends then it seems that any of them will do - will point out to the plumber!

Thanks again.

if it bends then it seems that any of them will do

No you have a horizontal wc outlet and a vertical soil pipe.

using a straight flexi needs to be bend 90 degrees putting more strain on the flexi and more liable to split and pull on the seal etc on the wc outlet.

That's why they make 90 degree flexis then your not twisting the actual flexi 90 degrees and putting more strain on the flexi and the outlet.

Attach the flexi, push pan into position, slip a large piece of paper or card under the pan from front to back then flush. remove the card or paper and any leaks will show up on it.

Some of the above posts are wrong!!
The one with the flexi will not work!!

Installed a bathstore toilet not that long ago...

They are a right pig due to the position of the waste connector and even worse the mains inlet.
You'll need the swan neck shown above and whats known as an 'offset soil to WC addaptor' which are about £4

the swan neck must sit square or it will leak!!

And where on earth did you find a plummer who doesn't know what a swan neck is?? is he really a plummer??

Plummer, Christopher: Film star, born 1929. Sound of Music etc

Plumber: Fixer of toilets, taps etc. From the Latin word plumbum - lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back