Toilet issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet, at the ripe young age of 6 years old, has started letting water through the cistern. It only happens on some flushes. Doesn't matter if its a half flush or full flush. It's an ideal standard toilet. I've attached pictures of it's innards.

So here are the two flush modes.
1. Push the button. Water empties and the syphon unit clunks as it closes off. No further water passes.
2. Push the button. Water empties and the syphon doesn't clunk as it closes. Water passes through slowly continuously until the next flush.

Is this repairable somehow? Or will I have to replace the syphon unit? I've replaced an old fashioned flapper syphon before but would rather not take the toilet apart if I don't need to! Somethings telling me this syphon should twist off the base but the only bit i can see that might twist off means twisting it the wrong way - it won't turn any further that way.

Thanks.

IMG_20220203_185540.jpg IMG_20220203_185551.jpg IMG_20220203_185554.jpg

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back