Toilet Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am literally being driven to tears by a toilet that refuses to stop leaking.

It's so trivial really but it's getting the best of me. HELP!

It's leaking from the flush pipe as it goes into the back of the pan. The flush pipe is new and is definately pushed all the way in. I've tried 2 different flush cones (internal ones) and even half a tube of silicone wont stop it dripping (very very small drip).

Can anyone suggest a possible cause and more importantly a solution before I go insane. I'm glancing at a pot of Plumber's Mait now thinking of shoving that in!

Yours desperately,

Sponsored Links
dear desperately :LOL:

first lets establish what you are exactly talking about

do you mean you have a cistern on the wall then a pipe from that down to the back of the pan?

if so then have you cut the pipe to size? did you use a new connector for the pipe to pan connection?

no amount of sealant will sort out the problem if it is strained / badly aligned

hi yeh its the flush pipe from cistern to pan. it's a new pipe thats sitting in the pan nice and square. the 3 fins of the flush cone are also fully in.

driving me nuts!!

have you cut it too short for the bend to sit at right angle to pan can you adjust the height of the pipe into the cistern nut?
i find moving the pipe up or down a bit sometimes helps

(will be out for a while now but will look in later)
kev

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back