toilet leak

M

marsaday

I have moved my downstairs loo today. i also thought i had fixed the non stop leaking into the bowl of the toilet.

i removed the donut washer and bought a new one. would this be responsible for the leaking into the bowl by the cistern or is that something else?

Main question though - the donut leaks and i have tightened the butterfly clips as tight as possible. do they make different types of donut. should i take the cistern into the plumb merchant tomorrow when i try and get a new donut

any tips ?

Sponsored Links
If it's constantly dripping, then this is where the flush mechanism goes through the cistern, if it leaks only when you flush, then it's the doughnut.

The doughnut washer prevents leaks between the cistern and the exterior of the toilet bowl - that the cistern rests on. Always use a new one if its disturbed.
Although it shouldn't really be necessary, I always use a good layer of silicone on the exterior of the doughnut, where it contacts the pan ceramic. Many disagree, but I find it essential especially if the floor and wall angle isn't 90 degrees.
If the cistern is constantly flowing into the toilet bowl, its the flush mechanism at fault.
John :)

ok, the flush mechanism is bust, i will get another one tomorrow.

do i have to match with my toilet or can i buy any ?

they donut i used didnt fully fit over the washer . i had to stretch it around. do they make different sizes?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back