Toilet pan connector overhang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My house was built 100 years ago, so the original WC was a through-floor soil connection into clay. The previous owner had this adapted to 4" plastic, and used a 90-degree pan connector to fit a close-coupled toilet that sat an inch from the wall (looked a bit gash).

I've ripped it all out and am in the process of redoing it. I've offered up the new toilet and the end of the toilet outlet overhangs the plastic connector in the floor by about an inch (not surprising given the old toilet was spaced an inch from the wall).

I've looked at McAlpine and I think if I go for a MAC-8L I'll have to fit the toilet an inch from the wall.
I've looked at the swan-neck too but the toilet socket will stop short of the seal on the connector.
I've looked at using a 20mm offset adaptor (WC-CON4) into the floor, but it won't clear the wall.
I'm loathe to dig up the wall!

Questions:
1) Are there any 90 degree toilet pan connectors where the toilet spigot can be pushed to an inch from the soil pipe centreline (and edge)?
2) SHould I just use a flexi? If so, any recommendations for ones that seal properly?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
How much is in plastic? Is there room for movement? A photo might be useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back