Toilet problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I am hoping someone can help me with this?
We are currently renting our home and the landlord wants to sell it, so we are looking at problems the house has and trying to figure costs etc… to see if it’s worth our time and money. So… the toilet in the bathroom is on a stud wall with the en-suite on the other side of this wall, with the toilet on that wall. The problem is when we flush one toilet it goes up the other. We know this because the en-suite is in the kids bedroom and they never use it but when we go in it has brown water an poop in it and it constantly smells. We have checked the toilet before and after using the other toilet and yes it’s definitely coming from the other toilet. So my questions are how is this possible? How do you fix it? And how much will it cost?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Impossible to say without seeing the drainage set up.it should not back up into a different wc,
Why not get a valuation on the property yourself and go from there finding faults ( unless major) won’t vary the price much.

So if you are renting and the landlord wants to sell, why are you trying to sort out any bad plumbing issue?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Air admittance valve or sometimes called durgo valve. Wont cost much at all as long as you can access the pipework.

Back