Toilet slow to fill up cistern after flushing.

Seems like this is a common problem with this cistern, Mine doing the same thing, So im right in thinking flush the toilet, Tie up the valve to stop it refilling and then undo the big white nut and there is a rubber washer behind it that needs replacing, Any idea if I have to turn off the water supply or just tie up the valve to stop it filling??

Sponsored Links
I looked on this forum earlier on today and the exact problem I was having with my toilet was in a post from 2009'
Fantastic advise sorted out my toilet however the new washer is now £4.40 but I didn't get it from B&Q but a local plumbing supplies shop.
So thank you everyone saved myself a fortune and am well chuffed with my self regards a 65year old woman who rocks.

Sponsored Links
mine started having filling issue the other day :( and i watched a youtube video
but i just thought the inlet thing was all the same size so off to wicks i went but ended up buying the wrong size inlet so i would take it out 1st and take it with you to where ever to make sure you have the right size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back