Toilet trapways..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our house, we have a Homebase "Nautilus" bathroom suite. I'm sure it's the Nautilus. Anyway, it's become obsolete at B&Q. No problems with it bar the bog from hell - leaking CC donuts, knackered drop valve etc.

It's all fine and dandy at the mo, bar a light crack in the pan base which has been there for..well before we bought the house. It was installed in '98ish.

However, the damn thing blocks very easily. Missus says it's got a very small/small feeling trapway at the bottom of the pan. Utter pain in the bum, sometimes you have to multiflush in use to avoid any risk of blockage.

Anyone come across this before, and are there UK loos that are better in this regard, and has anyone any suggestions? Heh.

It probably doesn't help that it seems to discharge into a (boxed in) flexi waste pipe that then turns almost immediatly through 90 degrees, then a little further down bends again slightly to enter the soil stack..but I'm guessing there's not much that can be done there..!

The blockage never seems to be the discharge pipe though, always the ruddy exit from the pan base to the trapway. Even managed to block the thing when emptying a "non-rigid" toddler poo into it from a potty.

Glad I've got a dual flush in it...we've got into the habit of using the little flush, as we have no desire for an overflow and floor wash...grr..

Sponsored Links
Wow! You've got a small feeling trapway not sure what that is but I'm sure it's more likely to be the soil outlet pipe work and pan connector that is at fault. Not familiar with home base and B Q goods but I'm sure the traps are pretty much standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back