Toilet waste - Cast Iron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I’m sure this one comes up a quite a bit, but haven’t found a post with quite the same situation.

I am fitting a new toilet in my existing bathroom. The existing stack is cast iron as was the pipe connection to the old toilet waste. I have taken all this out now, but have had to take the existing cast iron pipe back to a joint to get the toilet to sit against the wall. This leaves me with a cast iron flange of about 125mm dia to try and connect my toilet waste too.

Any suggestion on the best way to do this? I can seem to find a proprietary adaptor to do this. I have also attached a picture to help.

Any guidance would be much appreciated

Ruairi

Sponsored Links
You can get an offset pan connector which will fit a cast stack (different sizes to metric), try pipecentre or a fernco rubber offset connector will also do the job but black is the only colour!

Ok thanks, I will try pipe centre tommorow, main problem is I am trying to connect on to the flange of the cast iron pipe.

R

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, I will try pipe centre tommorow, main problem is I am trying to connect on to the flange of the cast iron pipe.

R
Indeed it will be a problem ..connectors only go inside the pipe , not the "flange" -socket. But you`ll probably find a extendable " concertina" type will - and overcome the difference in angles too :idea: One of the DIY sheds will probably have them lying on a rack so you can look and measure yourself :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back