Toilet waste pipe under floor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'd like to run the waste from my toilet under the floor boards. My joists are 165mm deep and the length of the run is 1400mm. Will I have enough drop over that sort of distance do you think? Also I've bought a 90 degree pan connector to came off the back of the toilet but what connector do I need for the next bend, I've seen 92 degree bends in Screw Fix do they set the drop of the pipe.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Drop should be a minimum of 18mm per 1m. so 110mm pipe leaves you with 55mm, thats plenty.

As well as the 92' bend use a short piece of 110mm pipe in the other end of the bend just to give you the correct diameter for your pan connector.

If this is a new toilet (or perhaps even if not) I think it legally should be done under a building notice. Your local BC will advise and they'll tell you if the drop is ok.

Sponsored Links
I'm with brumylad on this; drop required is very slight, 1 in 60, which is 16.6R mm over a metre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back