Toilet waste pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a bungalow and the toilet waste goes directly into the floor (and not though the wall). The waste pipe goes into what looks like a clay flange. It is cemented into this pipe(flange) and looks unslightly.

How do I go about using a plastic connector?
Something like this:-
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17227/Plumbing/Macerators-Connectors/WC-Pan-Connector-Straight

If I could use a connector like this, would I have to cut the flange off the old pipe. Would this connector then fit into the old clay pipe?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
you'd struggle to use the pan connector you've linked to, unless you up end the toilet :LOL: :eek:

Use a 90d pan connector.
yes it should fit into the clay pipe
the clay collar can be cut back on the front (or all round if you like) allowing you to get the toilet pan nearer the wall.

this might still not allow a close coupled toilet ro reach the back wall. If so consider
1 - a swan neck pan connector
2- A low level flush toilet
3 - building a false wall, or shelf...so you can screw the back of the cistern to something

But the toilet that is fitted has the waste outlet pointing to the floor like this one:-
wc-05-b--1945-2_5-gallon.jpg

And NOT pointing to the wall like this one:-
wc-02-a.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
you'd struggle to use the pan connector you've linked to, unless you up end the toilet :LOL: :eek:

Use a 90d pan connector.
yes it should fit into the clay pipe
the clay collar can be cut back on the front (or all round if you like) allowing you to get the toilet pan nearer the wall.

this might still not allow a close coupled toilet ro reach the back wall. If so consider
1 - a swan neck pan connector
2- A low level flush toilet
3 - building a false wall, or shelf...so you can screw the back of the cistern to something
I can vouch this post is 100% correct

but cut the collar off flush with the floor all the way around or it will look totally naff; you will probably still end up having to build the false wall but make a lighting feature out of it as I did! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back