toilet waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to drill a hole for a new toilet waste through a 600mm wall on a very old farm house. The wall is a mixture of boulders (rough slate) and infill.

My question is would I be best to use a diamond core bit which I have or a TCT bit for the slate or another method.

Any ideas/experience would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you've got a 105mm core, I'd use that. It will be much cleaner than kango-ing through it. If it blunts the drill, never mind. I use TCT but I've only got soft brick (though I did once go through slate cladding too, nice round hole)

On loose material you might be better off hacking through with a breaker (large hammer drill with rotostop), especially if there's rubble infill which will keep falling down to clog up your neat hole.

Sponsored Links
use diamond core i use 150mm core to allow for fitting if is is going to directed down, and also gives a 15-20mm fill around the pipe or fitting for a professional look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back