Toilet waste turning 180 degrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm planning an ensuite and need some advise please on whether this would work.

Rough diagram below shows the toilet on the wall on the left and the proposed new soil pipe on the right. The toilet needs to be there because the window is at that end of the room so the shower would need to go at the other end.

The soil pipe is also to serve a new location for the kitchen sink so needs to be on that side, plus there isn't really an option for it to go on the front of the house (top end of the diagram) due to positions of the windows (upstair and downstars windows overlap so there is no clear run for the pipe)

----------------------------------
I I
I D <--- toilet I O <--- soil pipe
I I
----------------------------------

Is it feasible to run the waste from the toilet around the walls? On the diagram this would be up, right along the top wall, then out and turning again into the soil pipe.

Can I do a 90 degree turn out of the back of the toilet, then straight into another 90 degree? Due to the small space the initial bends would be very close together.

Or would I be better with a side exit toilet, going into a 90 degree then running along the wall?

Thanks for any advice that can be given

Sponsored Links
That's ok, just make sure you have the correct fall on the pipe.

That's ok, just make sure you have the correct fall on the pipe.

Just realised my diagram hasn't come out anything like it did on the preview, hope it's still clear from the description what I'm doing.

Thanks - just to clarify are you saying the first solution (2 x 90 degrees out of the back of the toilet) is OK subject to correct fall?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back