Two toilet wastes into soil pipe at same level 90 degrees?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Need some advice please, I'm refitting our ensuite (which is back to back with our main bathroom and shares a soil pipe).
Currently one toilet waste T's into the other and then this pipe enters the soil - not great practice anyway? and we get problems with syphoning too.

As part of the ensuite refit I actually want to move the toilet onto another wall (90 degrees to where it is now) so this will also solve the syphoning issue as well as giving the layout we want.
However this means I will have two toilet wastes both wanting to enter the soil pipe at the same level but at 90 degrees to each other. Is this possible or is there not enough 'meat' on the soil pipe to accomodate it? I can't seem to find anything to do the job available?

Other option is that I run out of the ensuite toilet and go 90 degrees down first and run into below the level of the floorboards, therefore entering the soil stack lower down.

As well as this I have both sinks and showers to accomodate so it's getting pretty crowded!

Any help/advice appreciated.

Regards,
Gary C

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back