Tools for a treehouse

A big Axe

Well I'd say a small hand axe at least . Trees are , well , very rarely nice and square and an axe makes adjusting timber to fit branches etc a relatively easy job. Plus I'm surprised no one has suggested a bog standard hand saw . Power tools are great ,and I'd agree with the suggestions made here , but there will be times when an adjustment is required and it 's so much easier to use a handsaw than dragging leads up a tree and if you drop it it'll be much more forgiving than dropping a nice shined electric or cordless tool.

Sponsored Links
Impact driver - makes light work of putting big screws in.

cat6 crimper and punchdown tool - I'm assuming your kids will want wifi and play station in the tree house. :D

I'd personally add a 600mm x 400mm framing square and a speed square. An impact driver might not be a bad addition - the Ryobi RID1801 is a good buy and will use the same batteries as your drill. I wouldn't be too precious over the circular saw, you'll get more out of a mains powered one - a half decent handsaw is a must as well (irwin jack etc).

Sponsored Links
Big tool tote/bag/box
box of pencils
pencil sharpener
cups, bag of tea bags/coffee
book on "how to build a treehouse" :)
planning permission application form.
childrens drawings of what they want. (it is essential to include them in the planning and building process).
thing - left at bottom of toolbox because you cannot find the doodah that attaches to it.

Being new to this, and building a tree house as well, you will need
Plasters, bandages and a mobile phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back