Top of garden wall coping, engineered bricks others options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a wall about a meter high that runs around my front drive around 17 meter in length total it’s a double brick thick wall about 22cm in width, over time the top course of soldier bricks have started in to crumble in places and it now looks a mess and needs to be sorted.

I spoke to a brickie and he suggested just replacing the damaged bricks and then putting coping on top, I've had a look at some of my neighbours coping which is the standard grey and looks like paving and I'm not too keen on it is it possible to get coping in a different colours (anywhere that can be recommended), I can see from googling you can get slate but I don’t want to spend that much. The other option is just to put stronger engineered bricks at the top course, do they do different trim design for these type of bricks I noticed in B &Q yesterday they had a blue engineered type which were curved, I've tried to find these online but can't are they called something specific ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Clay tile crease with blue brick soldier header or solids laid flat with a strong concrete sand fillet is both practical and aesthetically sound, without being too showy.

There are more elaborate ways i.e. corbelling out complete with dog-toothing or angled toothing, but i think it looks a bit 'wedding cake' personally and should be left for chimneys.

Thanks for the advice, generally what would you expect to pay to have around 22m length of top course bricks removed and replaced with engineering bricks, London prices ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, generally what would you expect to pay to have around 22m length of top course bricks removed and replaced with engineering bricks, London prices ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back