Topaz T80i Shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
hope someone may be able to help please, shower stopped working yesterday, there is power going to the unit as the low pressure light comes on and the water supply is fine, triton have advised me that it could be either the solenoid valve or microswitch and to do a resistance check to determine. Do I just use a circuit tester and can someone advise the best way to do this please? Or has anyone else had this problem?
thanks in advance

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/customer/15_0_spare_parts/topaz_t80i.html

Sponsored Links
If the low pressure neon is on, with power to the unit, but no water flows from the shower then it can be a blocked inlet filter, a blocked shower head or the solenoid valve coil being open circuit (assuming of course no wires have become disconnected inside the unit). If it was a microswitch you'd get water flow but no heat.

Have you checked the filter and head for blockages as recommended in the installation guide? If you don't have a copy you can download it from the triton website.

To test the solenoid valve involves disconnecting wires inside the shower unit and I would strongly advise you to get a qualified person to do this. I assume it's out of guarrantee as triton offer a 2 year service and their engineers are very good.

You would need to measure the resistance of the solnoid valve coil with a multimeter on the ohms range. You can't use a circuit tester.

phil30 said:
hi,
hope someone may be able to help please, shower stopped working yesterday, there is power going to the unit as the low pressure light comes on and the water supply is fine, triton have advised me that it could be either the solenoid valve or microswitch and to do a resistance check to determine. Do I just use a circuit tester and can someone advise the best way to do this please? Or has anyone else had this problem?
thanks in advance

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/customer/15_0_spare_parts/topaz_t80i.html[/QUOTE]

Never but a Triton shower, they are crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back