Topping up vokera boiler

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks so much. Had a mini freak there but under control, there was just a few leaky rads around the house I had to tighten. Heating now on. One thing is I put the pressure to 1.4ish. however since putting the heating on its jumped to about 2.5. Is this to be expected or do I need to do something about that?

Is this to be expected or do I need to do something about that?
No it shouldn’t go that high during normal use, you have an expansion problem and need a gas safe registered engineer to sort. Just double check before you engage with one, that you’ve turned the filling loop off and it’s not passing - to check the latter, disconnect the loop at the check valve side (left had valve).

Sponsored Links
Thanks CBW. Just so I understand. The filling loop being turned off is to do with that original valve I turned to add the pressure?

So tomcheck this I turn the other side (left side) off. The one I haven't touched yet?

I read somewhere maybe to turn boiler off and to bleed rads a but to reduce pressure. Would it make sense that because it was so drained and I added from basically nothing it took the gauge a while to catch up to where the system was at. So when I put it on I have actually overshot the 1.5 mark?

Or also, perhaps because there were leaks when I put it to 1.5 initially maybe me solving those leaks caused a jump?

Thanks CBW. Just so I understand. The filling loop being turned off is to do with that original valve I turned to add the pressure?

So tomcheck this I turn the other side (left side) off. The one I haven't touched yet?
No ignore the valve you haven’t touched yet in terms of trying to turn it on or off, just the nut that connects to it, disconnect it and see if water trickles from out of the hose, more than an eggcup full and doesn’t stop and it’s likely passing. Yes you understand it correctly the filling loop is the valve you used to add pressure. I doubt you’ve overshot the pressure, especially to go as high as it has, even with settlement.

Pressure still slowly rising. Do I disconnect this to check? (Picture attached) the groove for the screwdriver is very worn so I'm worried it may not be fully off now

Attachments

• 16328468157302576807600113794209.jpg
    16328468157302576807600113794209.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 53
Yes, you can undo that side if you want, you could turn your cold water main off for a bit, see if it still rises, if not, then you know the valve is suspect and you could probably change it.

So water poured out after I took nut off. Feel like I need to maybe turn off mains and maybe call engineer at this point do ya think?

Try to align screw so water no longer pours out, use a container if need be, then reconnect loop and book in for a new valve/loop kit.

And dont accept another cheap shoite filling loop pay the little bit extra for a decent one, and tell them to fit it the right way round , yours is the wrong way round

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back