Torbeck Opella Variflush (maybe seco could help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd never fit or try to repair Torbeck crap but a friend of the family had fitted one etc. Obviously letting by as their not worth a cup of cold pi$$ !

Tried everything to stop water dripping down the pan, had the valve apart, played with the washer etc etc.

Has anyone actually had any success with these? Maybe seco?

Sponsored Links
Have used a couple but they never seemed very well built to me, now use Fluidmaster pushbutton flushes

Ditto.

Given up with other brands of equalibrium valves now. Fludmaster or nothing.

You may be able to repair, but I would cut my losses.

If you've tried everything all i can think of now is have you tried with
the cable disconnected from the button and try operating it by the cable
making sure the cable is retracting fully when valve closes.

Checking cable has not been kinked or strentched to the limit.

Sponsored Links
A quick fix for these leaking valves is to remove the valve, thoroughly dry the rubber washer and smear some grease onto it, which usually has hardened and lost its flexibility. The grease helps to maintain a better seal.

Alternatively, if you haven't got any grease then olive or sunflower oil will do.

Rub the grease or oil into the washer and let it soak in for about half an hour before re-assembling.

The fix should last a few months and you can always repeat the process.

However, all in all, the design of these valves is crap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back