Tories Are Gone.

the man has not commited murder

and that's why he has not (yet) been arrested.

However, he is a dishonest, lying, unprincipled, untrustworthy and incompetent man who has damaged his country for his own personal benefit.

Such people used to go to Tower Hill

He is most definitely not fit to be part of the nation's government, as we all know, and as even his erstwhile supporters now admit.

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many people are continuing to say johnson is best and there is nobody in the country who could do better.

well, android?

are you going to say it?

You can view it both ways. But, it seems we are struggling to have PM's that can last their whole term because of backbiting backbenchers in their own party.

Boris is looking at all his ministers now and thinking : Et tu , Brute?
View attachment 273939
Conservative MP's have heard from constituents up and down the country their dislike and distrust for Boris. Even traditional cons voters have expressed their dislike and have threatened to vote for anyone other than Boris come the next election.
He won brilliantly before but with a history of lying, lying to get out of the lies, the parties and many more things that have gone wrong under his leadership it is time for him to go if the conservative party has any chance for the future.

You say backbiting, I say sensible... and a smidge of saving their own skin to boot.

well, android?

are you going to say it?

Say what?
He is, until you can show me someone who is better than him.

Sadly, the state of our current politics is such that we have incompetent people on both sides of the bench and no one is leadership material.

Sponsored Links
Shows what little you know of the rest of the world. I don’t remember the USA and Australia leaving Brexit.
In a decent world, with a decent government this wouldn't have happened, though. Or are all these people who need to use food banks, like nurses for example, simply useless mouths to feed in your opinion?

There has been a civil war in Ukraine since 2014.
This war was caused by the overthrow of the legimate government of Ukraine by extreme nationalists
Funny, that, and there was me (and many others, quite a few of them in Ukraine) thinking it was because the Ukrainian government, having chosen to go with the EU aid package, rather than the Russian one, had had the will of the people suborned by the Russian-backed president, Victor Yanukovych, who opted to sign a deal with... Russia. So people protested (the Euromaidan protests, which were initially relatively peaceful). The protesters opposed what they saw as widespread government corruption, abuse of power and violation of human rights by Yanukovych and his Azarov government. Incidentally, Yanukovych was named by Transparency International as the top example of corruption in the world at the time. So, just how legitimate is a government where a corrupt president defies his own parliament? Ultimately the government tried to disperse the protester violently on 30th November, 2013 which eventually led to a period referred to as the Revolution of Dignity during which protests increased and violence by the police towards largely unarmed protesters escalated. Then the government introduced severe anti-protest laws (sound familiar?) and the clashes between police and protesters became deadly - ultimately 100 protesters and 13 police died. In February 2014 Yanukovych and a number of pro-Russian MPs fled, and at that point Russia invaded and annexed Crimea and fomented unrest in the Donbas which led to an 8 year civil war. But you and I have had this conversation before and you are still toeing the Kremlin line, comrade. Why?

Russia has interfered with the modern Ukrainian state from the very beginning and from well before the departure of Yanukovych; another example from 2004: Russia attempted to poison one of the two presidential candidates, Victor Yushenko, with dioxin (TCCD). He was campaigning against the Kremlin's man, Victor Yanukovych (does that name sound familiar, comrade?). After the vote there were suspicions of major voting fraud as Yanukovych, who was far from the favourite, won decisively. This caused widespread protests (the so-called Orange Revolution), and led to the matter being referred to the Ukrainian Supreme Court which found that the poll had been fraudulent and called for the runoff election to be repeated. Yushchenko won in the rerun by 52% to 44%,

BTW this is Victor Yushenko a few years after the poisoning attempt - the pock marked skin is a direct result of TCCD poisoning:

Viktor Yuschenko.jpg

So far from the war being caused by the overthrow of a legitimate government, the war was started by Russia, as a stepping stone to Putin creating his "Greater Russia" (have I heard something similar to this in the past, maybe "Greater Germany"?) - and it was a corrupt and unprincipled Ukrainian president, who has since been tried and found guilty of treason, who was in the wrong. Unless, of course, you happen to believe in Putin's peculiarly warped view of history and truth

It is interesting that while the Ukranian government was killing Russian speakers in the easten Ukraine, the Western media didn't show much interest, it was only when Putin intervened that they sat up an took notice
Really? Then what language does Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the Ukrainian president speak? Russian, isn't it? What language do they speak in Odessa? According to a Ukrainian lady my missus knows, Russian is more prevalent than Ukrainian, as it is in many larger cities, such as Kyiv. I think you need to reexamine what you think you know about this conflict and stop just parroting the Kremlin line every time you say anything. The conflict started because Putin had a malleable president in Ukraine who he more or less controlled. There is evidence that his election was bought, in the same way that Putin was responsible in no small part for the election of Alexander Lukashenko in Belarus. But the parliament and the people called his bluff and he then ran - at which point Putin annexed Crimea and started pumping money and war materials into the Donbas (see above). And at that point you had Ukrainian-speaking Ukrainians as well as Russian-speaking Ukrainians fighting Russian-backed "separatists", and in the course of it using a Russian anti-aircraft battery (no small piece of kit) to shoot down a Malaysian airliner. Not the sort of kit a raggy-arsed bunch of separatists would have, now, is it? This was NEVER a war about an oppressed Russian minority - that particular piece of propaganda is pure Kremlin double-speak - it is a war about Russian desires to reclaim what they regard as their rightful territory, including the Baltic states, regardless of the fact that a lot of the people in the areas Russian claims DON'T WANT THE RUSSIANS BACK

Just because most people in the UK don't have a grip on Ukrainian history, particularly modern Ukrainian history, don't assume that we are all without any knowledge of it.

And for those who are a bit xenophobic, this comes from mixing with Ukrainians - and the ones I know are all primarily Russian speakers and yet detest Putin and what he is trying to do to their country - but those Ukrainian surnames I still find hellishly confusing (so apologies for any spelling mistakes)

Edit: If I have to have this "discussion" with Vinty one more time I swear I'll be asking the mods to make this post into a sticky...

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS, the man has not commited murder! Stop treating him liker trash!
So how should a man who has treated everyone else as trash be treated? He is a dishonest and dishonourable man - if he had a shred of decency, having made such a fist of his job, he would have resigned and left. He is morally bankrupt. For God's sake, he should stop being an embarrassment to his party and his country and should go. Now! (to paraphrase David Davis, MP - he's a Tory, isn't he?)

He is, until you can show me someone who is better than him.
How's about Keir Starmer, then?

Sadly, the state of our current politics is such that we have incompetent people on both sides of the bench and no one is leadership material.
But the most incompetent of all is Johnson. He is utterly useless. And please don't go on about his many "world-beating" triumphs - each and every one of them can be debunked as just rhetoric, humbug and bunkum

So, if you don't think there is anyone capable on the government benches, then it really is time for an election. Bring it on, I say!

Last edited by a moderator:
In a decent world, with a decent government this wouldn't have happened, though.
True. Also in a decent world with a decent government there wouldn’t be famine or war but my comment was aimed squarely at noseall who was taking the opportunity of equating food banks in the UK (that have been here for 20 years) with Brexit. I just pointed out that there are food banks/shortages/queue's in other countries in the civilised world that have had feck all to do with Brexit. Food banks in the UK are not a result of Brexit.

Or are all these people who need to use food banks, like nurses for example, simply useless mouths to feed in your opinion?
If you search my posts, you will see that I support food banks.

Last edited:
True. Also in a decent world with a decent government there wouldn’t be famine or war but my comment was aimed squarely at noseall who was taking the opportunity of equating food banks in the UK (that have been here for 20 years) with Brexit. I just pointed out that there are food banks/shortages/queue's in other countries in the civilised world that have had feck all to do with Brexit. Food banks in the UK are not a result of Brexit.

If you search my posts, you will see that I support food banks.
Brexit would've contributed to the use of foodbanks & sheer amount of them springing up I would suspect. Brexit has driven up the cost of food, making the poorest of our country struggle more to eat, making more people rely on foodbanks.

Brexit would've contributed to the use of foodbanks & sheer amount of them springing up I would suspect. Brexit has driven up the cost of food, making the poorest of our country struggle more to eat, making more people rely on foodbanks.
BoE gives a different reason and there is no mention of the B word. Do you think there would be no food banks of we were still in the EU? https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/will-inflation-in-the-uk-keep-rising
They do have food banks in Europe too - is that also because of inflation due to Brexit?

BoE gives a different reason and there is no mention of the B word. Do you think there would be no food banks of we were still in the EU? https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/will-inflation-in-the-uk-keep-rising
They do have food banks in Europe too - is that also because of inflation due to Brexit?
Yes, there are foodbanks in Europe, but not sure about all the other European welfare systems etc, so can't compare personally. However, am talking about the UK - we have a higher amount of foodbanks than previous years and more and more people having to use them, increasing even more recently.

There has to be a connection with the way food prices are rising, partially because of brexit (it's indisputable that it's caused a rise due to trade barriers) and I don't think it's fair to dismiss the possibility of a connection to poverty/use of food banks entirely because you happen to be pro-brexit. The more recent fuel increases etc will make it so much worse for the next coming year I think too.

There has to be a connection with the way food prices are rising, partially because of brexit (it's indisputable that it's caused a rise due to trade barriers) and I don't think it's fair to dismiss the possibility of a connection to poverty/use of food banks entirely because you happen to be pro-brexit. The more recent fuel increases etc will make it so much worse for the next coming year I think too.
I agree. Partially due to Brexit. What is the U.K. rate of inflation now - 9%? What would it be without Brexit? Certainly not 0%. There are countries in the EU that have far higher rates of inflation but that can’t be due to Brexit. Most worldwide inflation is due to general shortages, Covid, the war in Ukraine affecting fuel and grain prices and greedy corporations and businesses playing on those things. Brexit is just a small percentage of the rise in inflation, not the sole reason as some would have us believe.

Yes, there are foodbanks in Europe, but not sure about all the other European welfare systems etc, so can't compare personally. However, am talking about the UK - we have a higher amount of foodbanks than previous years and more and more people having to use them, increasing even more recently.
Back in 2019 the Trussell Trust was pointing out that changes in the welfare system with a five week wait for benefits was pushing more people into debt, homelessness and destitution and made a prediction that any form of Brexit would increase food poverty. I recall reading an article quoting the trust's chair stating that their predictions had come true, but I can't for the life of me find it in an immediate search

I agree. Partially due to Brexit. What is the U.K. rate of inflation now - 9%? What would it be without Brexit? Certainly not 0%. There are countries in the EU that have far higher rates of inflation but that can’t be due to Brexit.
But you'd also have to accept that our growth is near zero, with a prediction of actually being zero next year, whilst all other countries in Europe have a positive rate of growth - and with growth employers can afford to increase wages, which partially offsets the effects of global inflation

BGTW, I agree that Brexit isn't the only factor, but it certainly is a factor

I agree. Partially due to Brexit. What is the U.K. rate of inflation now - 9%? What would it be without Brexit? Certainly not 0%. There are countries in the EU that have far higher rates of inflation but that can’t be due to Brexit. Most worldwide inflation is due to general shortages, Covid, the war in Ukraine affecting fuel and grain prices and greedy corporations and businesses playing on those things. Brexit is just a small percentage of the rise in inflation, not the sole reason as some would have us believe.

Don't forget this inflation is partly due to supporting the whole country and paying 70% of their wages for two years! Such a feat in modern times is unthinkable.

Sponsored Links
Back