Torx bolt size

Truthfully (for once) I just press the pistons back nice and slow.....if I'm changing the fluid I do it afterwards, when the brake assembly is complete - may just save a snapped off nipple.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, absolutely, life is far too short

There is a story that the seals will twist in the master unit if you push the
wheel cylinder back in to quick? I reckon you would be very unfortunate for
that to happen

Never like letting air in, if avoidable

I'm not sure if the inverted seals theory was in fact just an old wives tale - certainly I've never come across it.
If I break into the braking system (!) I just let the fluid flow out if I can, topping up all the while, of course - can save much aggro.

Hi John, thanks for info I'll try that, I would say pads and discs have done just over the fifty miles mark, there was a problem with the n/s/r calliper piston, it was very stiff and reluctant when rewinding it in fact I could only wind it back enough to allow new pads to fit I'm wondering if the calliper piston is us although they are stopping the wheel revolving when spun by hand so they are working?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the retracting tools can be a bit of a pain Rich, if they don't contact the piston dead squarely..... I've been caught out before with that. If the piston dust seal isn't split then its a fairly sure assumption that alls good within.
Anyway, if the brake locks the wheel, and more importantly releases it again - and the handbrake does the same- then alls pretty good really!

Ok thanks John hopefully all's well I'll give the pressure test you mentioned a go, prob have to rebleed again, I've got MOT this Saturday, thanks once again and everyone else who replied
Rich

Back