Tory PPE scandal

I never realised that. You sure? If you can put a link up I won't feel so bad when I vote labour next election. LOL
You don't think paye is effective in keeping the tax coming in from the masses? Works on pensions just the same

Sponsored Links
3030.jpg

Sponsored Links
All this faux sincerity from her and hubby, whilst choosing to ensure they received a 30% profit for stuff that was sub-par, or at least some of it was.

Mind you, they do say times of war and other disasters are when various folk make a mint.

I'm sure at the time I read articles about companies that were much better placed to provide PPE, however they found it nigh on impossible to engage with the process i.e. no one wanted to speak to them. Meanwhile stuff like this with phoney mone-y was going on. Makes you wonder, actually it doesn't ;)

I'm sure at the time I read articles about companies that were much better placed to provide PPE, however they found it nigh on impossible to engage with the process i.e. no one wanted to speak to them.

Perhaps they were not Tory donors who had bought and paid for a privileged position at the front of the queue.

Imagine some poor sod on a state pension gets an extra £10 - they would be hounded to the ends of this earth but a millionaire cheat - well it was an honest mistake.
What is the point of being rich if you are treated like everyone else.

All this faux sincerity from her and hubby, whilst choosing to ensure they received a 30% profit for stuff that was sub-par, or at least some of it was
If the PPE supplied by Mone and her hubby was substandard, why doesn't the government demand its money back.

If the PPE supplied by Mone and her hubby was substandard, why doesn't the government demand its money back.

The government claims that it has demanded all the money back for the gowns.

December 2022
Mone announced she was taking a leave of absence from the House of Lords with immediate effect “in order to clear her name of the allegations that have been unjustly levelled against her”, her spokesperson said.

The government sued PPE Medpro for the full £122m it paid for the rejected gowns, plus costs. PPE Medpro said it would “rigorously” defend the claim.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...pe-contracts-denials-and-a-government-lawsuit

Well!

Who could have seen that coming?

"In December 2020, a lawyer instructed by Mone and Barrowman said “any suggestion of an association” between the Tory peer and PPE Medpro would be “inaccurate”, “misleading” and “defamatory”.

"A former lawyer for Baroness Mone has apologised to the BBC for false statements he made about money her husband, Doug Barrowman, gave to the Conservative Party.

Lawyer Jonathan Coad told BBC News in December 2020 that Mr Barrowman had no ownership role with a firm that has donated more than £150,000 to the Tories since 2017.

But evidence has since emerged that suggests that was not the case.

Mr Barrowman has declined to comment.

Mr Coad has already apologised for misleading journalists about Baroness Mone's links to PPE Medpro, which is being sued by the government for supplying medical equipment worth £122m that has never been used."

Bargepole.

"...donated more than £150,000 to the Tories since 2017..."

Tory sleaze.

Sponsored Links
Back