toshiba L30-134(PSL33E) driver problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a laptop PC Toshiba L30-134 and have many driver problems.
Have ran several anti-virus programs and i think this maybe a hardware problem.
At the present i cannot connect to the internet as the LAN or the wireless cards in the laptop are not working.Yet the strange part is if you go to device manager they are both shown in the network adaptors as working.??I have tried downloading the latest driver but it gives me the message saying "i have the latest driver already loaded.".
Also the graphic screen on the laptop is flickering whenever i perform an action,indicating to me the driver for this has not been loaded correctly also,again in device manager it is loaded correctly.
Help appreciated,its a toughie.

Sponsored Links
Sounds tricky! Firstly have you run Windows Update? There may be a new video driver which should resolve the flickering problem. I guess that isn't possible if you can't connect to your network! I'm assuming you've tried using an ethernet cable to connect the laptop to your router? Make sure the network is set to be controlled by windows rather than any toshiba software-the former is much more reliable.

What hardware does it have (eg wireless=Atheros AR5001, LAN=RealTek RTL-8139)?

One other technique you could try is to boot into safe mode (press F8 during BIOS), then reboot into normal mode-this often tidies up driver faults.

My snag here is i cant connect to the internet as the network adapters are not working,yeah this is a major snag.Yet if you go to my computer ,devices hardware,they are clearly shown,but from here go to network connections and they are not.
My latest plan is to take off all the info we need pics etc,docs.Then do a pure wipe and as you say a restore recover .If this doesnt work is would lead us to believe the mboard/chip is defective.
Thanks for the info "DIT",let you know how i get on.

I also deal with these snags by doing a complete windows reinstall. Forces you to do backups which is good practice anyway, and you get a fresh start with your computer! Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Another thing that i did find strange.I downloaded a new driver for the ethernet card on the laptop,put it on usb stick ,then managed to get it on the desktop but it wouldnt load it.The message just said cannot load driver as the onboard driver was working ok.???
Re-install as you say,is the only way forward.
Cheers
NeilC

Back