towel rad question

Sponsored Links
[quote="goofy gorilla";p="752963
ok mate..cheers, just one problem....the pipework for the towel rad coming from the loft is connected to TEEs...which run into another room

put the bleeds in before they connect into the tees if possible.

(Sorry typing too slow again)

ok mate..cheers, just one problem....the pipework for the towel rad coming from the loft is connected to TEEs...which run into another room

Your a plumber aint yer ;)

Sponsored Links
long as you can vent at the highest point not a problem
as air won't go down hill
ok..just one final question...how would i connect one of these Air Vent Cap End Feeds to the tee in the loft....will i need add another tee into each of the existing tees and then add this air vent cap to the end thats left....if you know what i mean...i can understand if the pipe work in the loft was just supplying the towel rad, then it would be simple just to add a tee to each pipe and put on this end cap....i hope you can undersatnad what im trying to say..lol

ok..just one final question...how would i connect one of these Air Vent Cap End Feeds to the tee in the loft....will i need add another tee into each of the existing tees and then add this air vent cap to the end thats left....if you know what i mean...i can understand if the pipe work in the loft was just supplying the towel rad, then it would be simple just to add a tee to each pipe and put on this end cap....i hope you can undersatnad what im trying to say..lol

no one type till i have a go!!

You can either fit a tee on each leg before the pipes hit the
tees or you can fit an extra tee as close to the existing tees as poss, point the tees upwards pop in a short piece of 15mm pipe then solder your vents to the top of these, thus making this part of your pipework at rad, the highest point! hope that made some sort of sense.

thanks but, how can i put the bleeds in, if there is a tee there, the bleeds are designed for end feed....oops sorry ill wait for yr answer...lol

no one type till i have a go!!

You can either fit a tee on each leg before the pipes hit the
tees or you can fit an extra tee as close to the existing tees as poss, point the tees upwards pop in a short piece of 15mm pipe then solder your vents to the top of these, thus making this part of your pipework at rad, the highest point! hope that made some sort of sense.
thanks jane kelly...hope you become a plumber....and i wish you luck in the future...advice is appreciated...lol :D

shall i install two bleed walves on the bottom of the rad instaed of just one ?...cheers

Total waste of time with 1 let alone 2. What do you expect to bleed form the bottom of the towel rail :confused:

Just fit a drain cock at the bottom tapping.

I personally prefer to fit auto air vents in the high point of pipe work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back