Toyota Land Cruiser

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,
I noticed the past couple of days that when my jeep is idle it's blowing out cold air but when i rev it or drive, it works fine by blowing out warm air !!!
Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Check your battery voltage, you should have around 14.4 volts at idle, much less and it will shut some of the electronics down.

Alternatively it could be a water circulation fault, check the heater hoses where they go through the bulkhead, they should both be hot, if they are and the air is still cold it will probably be a flap not opening in the heater, possibly to to low voltage as above.

Peter

Plus 1 for the advice above - do check your coolant level!
Be aware that in temperatures like todays, your diesel will never fully warm up on idle - it will need to be driven.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Check your battery voltage, you should have around 14.4 volts at idle, much less and it will shut some of the electronics down.

Alternatively it could be a water circulation fault, check the heater hoses where they go through the bulkhead, they should both be hot, if they are and the air is still cold it will probably be a flap not opening in the heater, possibly to to low voltage as above.

Peter

Hi,
I'm getting 14.3 volts, hoses are hot, coolant level ok, how easy is it to get at flap on heater
Thanks

Can't help you there, I only know about PSA cars. It seems that you have located the problem though. John might know, I think he has worked on practically every car made.:)

Peter

Just thinking about the Amazon variant......isn't there a heater control valve on the bulkhead somewhere? Do check that its fully open. Certainly that was the case on a 2002 model I was familiar with.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back