Track saw ?

Sponsored Links
i could be wrong but are they the only 18v plunge on the market as others are 2x18/36/54v :unsure:

i could be wrong but are they the only 18v plunge on the market as others are 2x18/36/54v :unsure:
Are they, though? Didn't deWalt originally offer an 18 volt plunge saw about 13 or 14 years back? And AFAIK there are 18 volt offerings on the market from Metabo (the KY18LTX66BL, catchy name, eh?), Milwaukee (the M18FPS55) and Mafell (MT55 18M BL) and although the Festool cordless saw (the TSC55) is normally a 2 x 18 volt dual battery tool, it can run on a single 18 volt battery. Of those the Milwaukee is fairly new, the Metabo has been around for maybe 3 or 4 years and the Mafell is maybe 7 or 8 years in production.

I think the biggest difference is that Milwaukee, Metabo and Mafell all offer high amperage 18 volt batteries - Milwaukee have a 12 Amp 18 volt battery whilst Metabo/Mafell (who share the same CAS battery platform) go up to 10 Amps. TBH, having used a Makita 2 x 18 volt plunger regularly for about 5 years, I can say with certainty that unless Ryobi buyers are made aware that they'll need at least the 9Ah battery packs (biggest Ryobi do, aren't they?) there will be a lot of dissatisfaction with the saw because the run time on something like 3 or 4Ah batteries will be totally inadequate for all but the smallest of jobs

Sponsored Links
yes i have the 18v dewalt as you say was dated 2009 about the time i got it
i prefer to have a "conversation " as it registers and sinks in rather than a quick search and scan where it leaves the brain before you get to the end off the description
i suppose the answer is neodymium magnets giving around 1000w worth off energy when the batteries catch up the old 18v dewalt is 350w from memory or that sort off area and it chugs along on heavy cuts so although it could do worktops ---just it was only ever good for general cutting with the odd heavy work thrown in:unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back